ORGANIZATIONAL & MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT
PROGRAM FOR SMALL BUSINESS
BUILD A WORLD CLASS TEAM THAT CAN DOMINATE YOUR MARKET.
TOP COMPANIES INVEST IN DEVELOPING THEIR TEAMS. THIS ALLOWS THEM TO RECRUIT AND KEEP THE BEST PEOPLE. A SELF-FULLFILLING PROPHECY OF SUCCESS.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (OD)
Leveraging proven best practices from 100+ years of management science and combining the best can dramatically improve organizational effectiveness, value, growth rates and create more sustainable competitive advantage.
Organizational Development programs develop the systems, policies and procedures needed as a company grows. They set up a “Candence of Management that drives accountability, transparency and reduces politics and internal friction. This is the skeleton of a company built based on its industry, mission and values. Each department is an organ in this metaphor.
Controlling a culture becomes exponentially more difficult as a company grows. This is one reason only 1 in 6,300 companies will ever reach $100M in sales. Therefore, it is critical to start as early as possible. Larger organizations must have separate programs for each area or line of business.
MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT (MD)
Every business with at least three managers should begin a rudimentary Management Development Program (MDP). MDPs are focused on the individuals and their professional skills development.
Every company grows or dies based on its key employees and managers. Every success and failure begins with the staff.
A growth company, or any company that wants to be a market leader, must invest in developing both its managers and the organization’s infrastructure to support growth. Favorable market factors always change but a high-performance culture creates sustainable competitive advantage
- Create a culture consistent with the company’s strategy, mission, value proposition and brand
- Improve manager performance, which has high ROI
- Leverage High-Performance Team (HPT) techniques in Product Development and Project Management
- Improve planning and predictability in the business
- Increase average tenure of the top people who want to grow professionally to move up and stay long-term
- Reduce politics and infighting
- Eliminate group think
- Create a meritocracy where metrics and performance drives decisions
- Constantly improve the work environment that will evolve with growth to attract top talent with a career path, not just a job
- Create clear expectations for all and deliver projects on time more often
- Help top employees grow professionally so they stay long-term and attract other top people reducing turnover, training and recruiting costs
The Deming Wheel, or cycle of constant improvement.
Market leaders become leaders by finding, keeping and growing the best people. Apple, Intel, Amazon and Facebook all have extensive OD and MD programs. They did not get there by accident. Why did Facebook replace Myspace? How did Apple recover from near bankruptcy to become the most valuable company in the world? Why did Intel dominate PC chips when the Motorola chips were far better than theirs in the early 1980s? The answer to all these questions is the same: “People and culture”.
- Goal setting and accountability for themselves and their team (OKR/MBO) – Most organizations fail at this simple process. Top organizations get it right. Research proven ROI: 56% more value creation!
- Hiring, firing, coaching and developing employees
- Managing and motivating employees. The five 5 styles of management and when to use each.
- Budgeting and planning in advance, not reactively
- Managing by the numbers using dashboards and KPIs for constant improvement (Kaizen) and better forecasting
- Project Management and/or Product Management best practices
- Innovation and creativity enhancement
- High-Performance Team (HPT) techniques
- People skills, Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Managing up, reporting and communications skills
- Negotiation and selling skills, internal and external
- Fiduciary responsibilities, ethics and corporate governance
- Leadership skills – Gateway to the Executive level to run an area of the business with little oversight & more depending on their function
Every Company And Individual Gets A Custom Plan Generating A Fast ROI
Create a World-Class Company Using Proven Systems and Best Practices Starting Today.
An Integrated Approach Guarantees Success
Consulting & Design
Design of an individual plan for each manager requires vast experience. Only very experienced executives and consultants are capable of both identifying the needed skills and creating a program designed for each individual
Each manager needs fundamental skills training and a shared language with other managers. However, training alone almost never works. Training is just information, or a foundation for building skills. People must use these skills and force out older habits.
Coaching handholds each key individual through the required habit changes to insure success. Our coaches are all experienced managers and executives, not “Certified” in a four week training program. They have 20,000+ hours of real-world experience.
Consulting + Training + Coaching = Success
David Dill, CEO of Wellesley
We can diagnose your growth limiters in a single call.
CEOs at $1M+ Companies get a free Growth Audit on this call to identify your growth limiters.
Call (619) SCALE06 between 9am and 6pm CT for a free consultation or book a call here.